Welcome to Fitmanager. In these instructions, the 10 most important steps will be discussed so you can start using Fitmanager to the best of its ability as soon as possible. Enjoy!
Step 1. Club settings
Go through all settings in Fitmanager and add new information if necessary to provide your members with the best experience.
1. Go to 'Settings' in the menu.
2. Fill in all the 'Profile' and 'Contact details' data.
3. If necessary, adjust the standard VAT-percentage for your club in 'Payment settings'.
4. Click on your name on the upper right corner to find 'Plan & Billing' and check or adjust the information listed there.
Step 2. Create subscriptions and credits in the Shop
It's important to add subscriptions and credits to the shop before importing your members, signing new members up and integrating the shop in your website.
1. Go to 'Shop' in the menu.
2. The submenu lists categories for subscriptions, credits and other products.
3. The shop opens in the category Subscriptions.
4. To add a new item, click on '+ Add'.
5. Add new credits and products in the same way.
Would you like more information on the possibilities the shop has and selling other products? Our Helpdesk has more articles about the Shop.
Step 3. Optional: Adding more trainers
Add more trainers to link them to various activities in the Calendar.
1. Go to 'Settings' in the menu.
2. Click on 'Trainers' and then '+ Add trainer'.
3. Fill in the trainer details and decide whether they should be a manager or not.
4. Lastly, click on 'Send invitation'. The trainer will receive an invitation to confirm their trainer account.
Step 4. Creating labels and categories for activities.
Labels can be used to categorize activities and subscriptions. This can be done for types of activities, locations, duration of subscriptions, the amount of times a member can attend an activity per month, etc.
1. Go to 'Settings' and then 'Labels' in the menu.
2. Choose whether you want to create labels for the shop or the calendar.
3. You will see two pre-made categories. You can use or adjust these categories as you wish.
4. After creating labels, you can add them to activities in the Calendar or to products in the Shop.
In this step, you will create your schedule. The calendar will also be visible in the Fitmanager app and the widget will be accessible for new and existing members.
1. Go to 'Calendar' in the menu.
2. Click on '+ New activity'.
3. Fill in the form as detailed as possible.
4. Set up which trainer and labels apply to this activity.
5. Click 'Store'.
Step 6: Setting up automated e-mails and notifications
Fitmanager automates many (push) notifications and e-mails that you can set up ahead of time. For example; confirming a trial class, a payment reminder, or a reminder for a member running out of credits. By setting up these e-mails, Fitmanager will automatically take care of a large part of the communication with your members.
1. Go to 'Communication > Email settings' in the menu.
2. Check all available e-mails and, if necessary, adjust them to your liking.
3. Per adjusted e-mail, click 'Save this message'.
Step 7. Activate Pay.nl payment account
You will receive an e-mail from Pay.nl with login details to confirm your payment account. This account is linked to your Fitmanager account and will already be active when you receive the e-mail. You can already receive payments. Once you've logged in, you can upload the requested files (copy of your ID, copy of your bank statement, extract from the Chamber of Commerce). These files are necessary to complete your clearing (paying out the money Pay.nl is holding to your business account).
For paying online with iDeal you need a business account. In this article (in Dutch) you can read why you need a business account: https://www.pay.nl/blog/waarom-altijd-een-zakelijke-bankrekening.
You've received an Excel file from us that you need to use to import your members. Make sure you complete the fields as much as possible and use the Fitmanager reference code that was created while you set up your shop (Step 2) to add subscriptions or credits to your members.
Download the Excel file here.
Tip: Create a member test-account for yourself with a different e-mail address than the one you use as a manager to see exactly what your members can see. This will give you more insight in their portal which allows you to help and inform your members better.
Step 9. Setting up widgets and buttons for your website
To make sure new and existing members can sign up and register for activities through your own website, Fitmanager has developed widgets and links. You can easily add and install these on your own website or ask your website builder to do this for you. The widgets and links can be used for all websites and is compatible with Wordpress, Wix, Jimdo and more systems.
A. Calendar widget
1. Go to 'Settings' and 'Widgets & links' in the menu.
2. Read the instructions on this page carefully.
3. Adjust the colours for the widget if you like.
4. Copy and paste the code on your own website.
B. Placing a Free trial / Login / Sign up button
1. Go to 'Settings' and 'Widgets and links' in the menu.
2. Copy the link for the free trial / login / sign up button.
3. Place the link on your website or set it up as a button.
C. Selling subscriptions, credits and other products on your website
You can add the 'Subscriptions and credits' or 'Other products' widget on your website. You can also find the link to the order form for particular products in your shop. You can find this link by clicking on the gear wheel of a product in your shop and selecting 'Show link to order form'. This option is not available if the product is 'Invitation only'.
Important: It's also possible to filter your shop and/or calendar with the various labels that you've created earlier on. If you only want certain activities to show up in your calendar widget, you can use the labels as a filter before you get the code. Read the instructions on this page carefully. If you need more help, ask one of our Customer Success employees or your website builder.
Step 10. Invite your imported (existing) members
You're almost set. Your Fitmanager account is ready for use and you can invite your imported members so they can confirm their accounts.
1. Go to 'Clients' and click on 'More' in the menu.
2. Click on 'Invite all unconfirmed accounts'. Clicking this will send an e-mail to all your imported members.
Important: we advise you to communicate to your members ahead of time that you are transferring to a new system (Fitmanager) and that they will receive an invitation. Below, you can find some pointers to send to your members.
1. We're going to use a new administration system called Fitmanager.
2. We will create an account for you and in the next couple of days you will receive an invitation to confirm your account. Do this as soon as you can to make sure you can keep following our classes.
3. Fill out your details after confirming your account. Check your pre-filled details and add a profile picture.
4. After confirming your account, you can download the Fitmanager app.
Step 11. Download the Fitmanager app
Good luck using Fitmanager! If you have any questions, please e-mail us at email@example.com.