Prepaid credits give participants access to your sessions for a defined number of times. To create a prepaid credit package, go to the Shop (via the menu), open the prepaid credit tab and click on ‘+ ADD’. A new form will open, on which the following choices can be made:
- Name: The name of the package, visible to all your members.
- Duration: This is how long the credits are valid for, in months or weeks. Does the package renew automatically? Then it will not expire after this period, and will only expire once automatic renewal is turned off.
- Number of credits: This is where you can list the number of credits in this package.
- Short description: This is where customers can read about the package before they buy it. This is an ideal place to indicate which sessions a package allows attendance to.
- Invitation only: You can set a subscription to ‘invitation’ only. This means that customers cannot purchase it in the shop. This is useful for special deals or discounts.
- Display position: The number that you enter here determines how high the package will be listed in the Shop. If you also use our Calendar widget you might also wish to highlight certain subscriptions or credit packages. This can be easily adjusted to meet your preferences.
- Confirmation email / instructions: The text that you'll fill in here is shown in the email sent to the client when this subscription is purchased.
- VAT percentage: Indicate here which VAT rate applies to this credit package.
- Payment terms: Select if the credit package should be paid in one payment (one-time payment) or in monthly instalments (monthly payments).
- Payment method: Choose if the payment can be made via online payment (iDEAL) or via a SEPA transfer.
- Automatic renewal: Indicate if you want this subscription to extend beyond the indicated end-date. This is only possible when monthly payments are enabled and applied. If a package is automatically renewed the customer will receive a new credit package after the expiration of his/her previous package. They continue to pay on a monthly basis.
- Monthly costs: If you have selected monthly payments you can enter the monthly costs for this prepaid credit package.
- Total costs for the entire period: If you have selected one-time payment you can enter the costs for the entire duration of the package.
Have you selected monthly payment and automatic renewal? Be careful!
With a monthly fee the credit package will be seen as a subscription. Remember that customers have the legal right to a one-month cancellation notice period after a subscription has been automatically renewed. Therefore, a participant could theoretically use all their credits in the first month after renewal and then cancel their package.
Want to prevent this? Ensure that credit packages do not auto-renew, and issue participants a new one after the old one has expired. This counts as a new purchase, in which your customer gives approval for the entirety of the duration.